Subscriber Services Weather

Burnett's Urban Etiquette

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

This guy's next

I had great respect for the late Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin. He died doing what he loved. I sometimes thought the things he did were dangerous to the point of stupidity, but I respected his overall goal of giving us couch potatoes a closer look at nature and a better understanding of the other creatures with whom we share this planet.

This guy though? Saw an ad about a documentary on him on TV the other night. He's just asking for it. I'm not sure I'll be as bummed out or surprised if he buys the farm anytime soon.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

  • Oh good grief! You know this is going to end ugly. Kinda like the dude who lived with the Grizzly bears. He's just begging to be made an example of.

    By Blogger Jay, at 10:45 AM  

  • I'm inclined to agree with your take on this guy!
    While it is interesting to note what he is trying to achieve, and even if he does "think" he has sharks hynotized to human contact, etc., there is still something else these people -and others less knowledgable often forget in their zeal -these are still animals, wild animals, and can revert back to their normal behaviors in a heartbeat.
    I don't think I'd want to risk trying to ride the dorsal fin of a great white shark to ascertain the hypnotic values there, would you?

    By Blogger Jeni, at 10:48 AM  

  • Well, I support preserving shark species but I'm certainly not inclined to fondle one.

    By Blogger M@, at 12:24 PM  

  • He's like the bear brother guy that just got ate in California.

    More balls than brains it seems.

    By Blogger none, at 12:24 PM  

  • Some people like to have their danger and get eaten by it too. One day this guy will get chomped by a lion and dragged to the crotch of a tree for some light snacking.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:10 PM  

  • I don't know if I'd try that, but I'm all for the tonic immobility.

    By Blogger The Sarcasticynic, at 6:51 PM  

  • big difference between a Caribbean reef shark and a great white, but I hope the filmmakers achieve their goal of shark preservation.

    By Blogger Claudia , at 7:45 PM  

  • Heehee! I expected to see the cast from Jackass.

    By Blogger Lee, at 10:28 PM  

  • shakes head

    By Blogger Pamela, at 11:57 PM  

  • Eish...
    "They never did that before" will be his last thoughts methinks.

    By Blogger RobC, at 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home