Subscriber Services Weather

Burnett's Urban Etiquette

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Preaching to the Choir

Ha! Thought it was just me, the new guy, who thought some people around here drive like they just don't give a rat's behind about anything?

Val Prieto, a featured subject of my recent article on guy's and their private space at home: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/classifieds/real_estate/14397788.htm, has a head-shaker, a tsk tsker on his blog, www.babalublog.com, about a run-in today with an inattentive driver. Hit up his link and look for the headline "Miami, See it Like a Native."

And Gigi who compared me to Cynthia McKinney on Babalublog, may your fingers fall off for typing such blasphemy. I can't even begin to go down the list. But for starters, I don't run security check points in government buildings, 'cause I'm too afraid of getting shot. And I don't hit cops, 'cause I'm too pretty to go to jail.

UPDATE: Since publishing this post last night (Tuesday, April, 25th), it has come to my attention that Gigi was not comparing me to the representative from Georgia. She was comparing the inattentive driver described on Babalublog to McKinney. My bad, Gigi. Compare away.

4 Comments:

  • James,

    I dont think Gigi was comparing you to McKinney. I think she was stating that the woman driver went to the cynthia Mckinney Scholl of Etiquette.

    My readers love you, dude.

    By Blogger Val Prieto, at 6:25 AM  

  • O.k., so this is the appropriate post to thank you for the great article. We loved it.

    Come down to Coral Gables and discover how the rich and powerful rate on the etiquette scale!

    By Blogger Tere, at 9:54 AM  

  • Great article, James! And a great idea. If I my heart ever starts beating for love's sake again, I will say to my man: PLEASE get yourself a mancamp ... !

    That is hysterical Hog On Ice isn't even in a relationship ... that like pre-pre-pre-pre nuptial preparedness.

    By Blogger Maria de los Angeles, at 5:32 PM  

  • Great post. People, Steve among them, think Miami traffic is bad. They're wrong. I've driven in miami, and you don't have traffic, you just have cars mostly sitting still. COme to chicago for traffic. I wrote this

    http://neanderpundit.com/archives/000123.html

    in august 2004, before the traffic really for bad. These days it takes me 2-1/2 hours to drive 55 miles.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home