Subscriber Services Weather

Burnett's Urban Etiquette

Sunday, May 21, 2006

WBAs

We'll keep it short and sweet tonight.

Bum of the Week: Me, for hating on the Giant/Marine/Cane Toad (bufo marinus) that invaded my backyard about a week ago. I was annoyed by the giant frog's (I know it's a toad, but I don't care. I like the sound of "frog" better.) constant singing - she's actually croaking away as I type. A funny thing has happened though since Frogarotti showed up. I haven't seen one annoying bug in my backyard - no mosquitos buzzing my pond and none of what South Floridians call "Palmetto" bugs, but what folks further north just call giant, mutant roaches. Seems the singing comes with side benefits. I may even plant another water lily in that pond to give Frogarotti a new place to sit. Sing on frog, sing on.

Best Behavior: Betsan, from www.stitchlinks.com, for above and beyond customer service, as per this story from our friend Bronchitikat - "...I'd tried ordering some sock yarn from the website a few weeks back & wondered why it hadn't come. Turned out I hadn't actually ordered it, just made a 'wishlist'! So I ordered. So Betsan first emailed to ask whether I really wanted one or two balls of one kind of sock yarn - you need two to knit a pair of socks, as I'd only ordered one! And again to say I'd actually paid full, rather than Members, price for something else - thanks & again to check exactly what colour range I wanted for some more sock yarn & again to say she's putting it all in the post for me this afternoon! Hey, I may be knitting socks come Friday. w00t! Anyhew, how's that for Customer Service? Not to mention patience, good nature, kindness etc. BTW - I'm pushing 50, not 80 - for all it may seem otherwise from the above!"

That's all folks. We'll start the rowdiness again tomorrow morning.

2 Comments:

  • Now James, I am so surprised! You the man who wants to feed emaciated models, giving that poor froggie mama such a hard time! :-)

    By Blogger Maria de los Angeles, at 12:53 AM  

  • I've almost finished the first sock, had a lot of travelling over the weekend.

    & I told you "Frogarotti" wasn't such a bad thing after all. Just wish I could get one here for our slugs & snails.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home