Subscriber Services Weather

Burnett's Urban Etiquette

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Extremes

Ladies, I've joked about making sure your feet and toes look right if you're gonna wear open toed/heeled shoes, but this story gives a whole new meaning to "too much."

The doctor in the story was featured tonight on ABC's 20/20.

In case you opt not to click the link, it's a Dec. 7th NYT article about a doctor who "helps" women whose feet don't fit comfortably into their tiny, expensive, name brand shoes, by giving them cosmetic toe surgery. Seriously, she shortens some of their toes to make 'em fit better into Prada and the like.

5 Comments:

  • Ridiculous. I'm a shoe freak and I still think it's ridiculous. People, focus on your insides for once. Sheesh.

    By Blogger Melissa, at 7:47 PM  

  • What's next? Chinese-style foot binding?

    By Blogger Maria de los Angeles, at 10:20 AM  

  • Don't be too hard on women who just wanna wear their high heels.

    In my humble opinion, there is nothing hotter than a woman in a pair of very dark, pointy, shiny, clicky high heels (you know the backless kind that slip from the foot when a woman crosses her legs??!!) Yummy!

    Granted, some of these shoes were not made for walking...strictly for laying down! But isn't that what makes our country great?

    So leave the heels on, ladies, and be proud! Toe cleavage is a badge of courage, not something to be ashamed of.

    (Then again, I have a high heel fetish, so don't trust me!)

    www.crashtestcomic.com

    By Blogger Crashtest Comic, at 10:49 AM  

  • Holy crap. I, too, am a shoe freak. I also have a bunion. I flaunt it proudly with my sandals. And they ain't Birkenstocks.
    I never wore that many stilettos, so it's probably genetic.
    However, I would NEVER be cut on voluntarily, for anything. Having had surgery for necessary items and such.
    The Froth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 PM  

  • leave the heels on, baby!



    www.crashtestcomic.com

    By Blogger Crashtest Comic, at 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home