Subscriber Services Weather

Burnett's Urban Etiquette

Monday, July 03, 2006

In Lieu Of...

the Weekly Behavior Awards this week I have just one rusty pipe to hand out.

You may have noticed that I haven't posted a new entry since Saturday morning.

I wanted to post Sunday for the WBAs, but I was having computer problems and spent literally hours on the phone with my useless friends from Hewlett-Packard tech support.

By about midnight Sunday I gave up on their solutions for repairing my haywire Internet connection and the related hardware in my desktop PC. I figured slaughtering a chicken, hanging its inards around my neck, hopping up and down on one foot, and singing Highway to Hell in reverse to release the subliminal messages would probably work better...and faster.

Anyway, I slept on the problem and woke up Monday morning with the fix. I ran to my PC cove like a kid on Christmas Day, reset a couple of things, and swapped some cables around. And wouldn't you know it, within minutes my computer and Web connection were working again.

So while there may be no WBAs this week, I say to HP tech support for wasting three hours of my life on Sunday and leaving me with a worse computer problem than I started with, a pox on you and a Giant Rusty Pipe up yours...with no tetanus shot afterward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home