Subscriber Services Weather

Burnett's Urban Etiquette

Monday, June 26, 2006

Weekly Behavior Awards, update

Thanks for the nominations folks. Got busy last evening and couldn't post, but here are the nominations, and once again you decide whose is best.

Best Behavior
  • From Manola B., of Sex and the Beach - I would like to nominate my neighbor three doors down, the Jewish carpenter -- no joke -- for being unusually considerate. He knocked on my door earlier this week to apologize for the work being done next door. My next-door neighbor, which some may recall from my Helen of Oy story, moved out and the carpenter man brought her apartment. He is making some repairs before renting it and truth be told, he had no obligation to tell me work was being done as I could hear it and it was all well within daytime hours, not too early or too late. But carpenter man just wanted to give me the heads up, even though there was nothing wrong. I found this to be a great
    neighborly courtesy.
  • From Melissa from Spoke in the Wheel - I'm nominating the woman who pointed out an empty clothes dryer to my roommate at the laundromat this morning. When everyone is there waiting and waiting, it's hot, it's loud, no one really wants to be there doing laundry... it's amazing how something so small and seemingly insignificant can really make an impression.

Biggest Bum

  • From Wide Lawns - I would like to nominate Mr. Gordo (not his real name of course) for not honoring his friends dying wishes by removing shrimp and lamb chops from the menu, shortening the open bar time, and most of all, not allowing employees to come to his wake. I seriously can not imagine what horrible behavior could ever top that. As for good behavior, hmm. That's hard to come by.

1 Comments:

  • Big bad wolf, that got me all choked up. How very sweet of that person.

    By Blogger Wide Lawns, at 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home