Subscriber Services Weather

Burnett's Urban Etiquette

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Two Fingers Worth of Rhinotillexomania

Seen while taking a head-clearing stroll earlier in the work day: A guy two knuckles deep into one nostril, who appeared to be trying to fit another finger in there. More manpower, better results I guess. The craziest thing is this dude saw me see him...if that makes any sense. And he kept digging!

The grossness of public nose picking notwithstanding, if you insist on indulging then the same rules apply as with ogling another guy's woman. Once you've been busted in the act, you are obligated to stop...at least for the moment...unless recouping a little dignity is not important to you.

And just for fun, I'm not tellin' what rhinotillexomania means. You can probably guess. But if not, look it up.

4 Comments:

  • Hi James! BTW, thanks for stopping by at SATB!

    I'm with you on this one!

    I have an even grosser anecdote so if anyone is eating please come back and read later.

    When I was younger my family and I lived in Venezuela for a spell and we had many expat friends. One was a turkish man who would scratch his butt (on top of clothes, thank goodness) and then sniff his fingers. He would not only do this when he thought you weren't watching, but right then and there, while he was casually conversing with you. I shall never forget that memory, left on my 10 year old mind, but it didn't traumatize me or anything. Butt trumps nose any day, don't you think?

    Now, could you please elaborate on guys who 'check their luggage,' ehem, if you know what I mean, in public? Why does it need so much 'readjustment' or 'to see if they are still there?' and is there any way a guy could do this discreetly?

    Also, what of hacking up a ball of phlegm and not looking around to see if it could be a projectile in someone's path?

    Yuck, yuck and more yuck.

    By Blogger Maria de los Angeles, at 12:18 PM  

  • Maybe that guy knew the woman on the train platform this morning who had no qualms about digging her undies out of her ample behind and then readjusting her pantyhose from the toes the whole wayt up to her waist. Um, ma'am, you're not at home or in a bathroom, or even remotely close to being semi-secluded.

    Funny enough, the thing that disturbed me most was that she was wearing pantyhose in 90 degree weather. Yuck.

    By Blogger Melissa, at 3:51 PM  

  • Nothing like pickin' and grinnin'!!

    By Blogger ChargeOfQuarters, at 3:14 PM  

  • I didn't look the word up and still don't know what it means. It's a friday night and I'm off work for the weekend. But, do you know what 'Dendrophiliac' means? That much more gross.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home