Subscriber Services Weather

Burnett's Urban Etiquette

Thursday, March 30, 2006

The epitome of hoodrich

The guy I saw in the checkout line of a Target this afternoon: expensive looking shades, jeans, and shoes (Hey, I'm a reporter. I notice details), but on the checkout conveyor, a stack of those five-for-a-buck Oriental soup noodles - the kind many of us survived on in college. He walked out of the store, bag full o' noodles in hand and climbed into a Porsche, put the top down and drove away in what we call back home a gangster lean. Not hatin'. If my wife would let me I'd probably still buy those from time to time too. Then again, I'm not flaunting a $100,000 car.

For those who don't know, hoodrich means carrying on what appears to be a champagne lifestyle when out on the town, and a skunky beer lifestyle in domestic matters and at home.

It's a clear violation of Burnettiquette. Putting on a front qualifies as not acting right.

1 Comments:

  • Maybe he just really, really likes Top Ramen. Or he's not much of a cook.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home