Subscriber Services Weather

Burnett's Urban Etiquette

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Deputize me, please!

This story ran in Monday's Miami Herald. It was about local law enforcement agencies announcing a plan to crack down on drivers who block intersections and impede cross traffic, because they're either too inconsiderate or in too much of a hurry to hang back and wait for the next green light.

Sign me up. I'll help hand out a few of those tickets. And maybe next we can go after the numbnuts who make sharp turns or lane changes in thick traffic, without so much as a hint of a turn signal.

2 Comments:

  • Sign me up too, James. That is one of my biggest pet peeves. Well, that and this.

    Thanks for stoppin' by my site!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:38 AM  

  • Man, I fixed this problem YEARS ago, and nobody will go for my solution.

    Paintball.

    yes, paintball. Everyone gets issued a cheap paintball gun, and if a cop sees a car with 300 paintball splats on it, the cop impounds the car and sends the driver on his way, hoofing. Certain rules would apply, of course, but the paintball itself is not dangerous if shot at a car, the paintis water soluble and non toxic, and washes right off, and it's an easy way for cops to know which drivers are always good, and which are only good when the cops are around.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home