Subscriber Services Weather

Burnett's Urban Etiquette

Monday, July 24, 2006

Weekly Behavior Awards - The World is Changing. Or I'm Sleepy.

What up, folks?

No clever banter tonight. I can't stay this pretty if I don't get some sleep.

So for Best Behavior, here's what we have:


  • Chris A. of Just a Bit of Terrific - "I nominate my neighbor for helping me yesterday, moving furniture down two outdoor flights of stairs, in the Arizona sun. That was awesome!"
  • Michelle - "I want to nominate the folks at the OCCS office at Old Dominion for trying to help me recover my term paper that mysteriously vanished off of my laptop. They tried for a few hours but to no avail :-(I did finally get my wireless connection set up and some new anti virus software to boot. The point is, they were extremely accommodating, and even convinced my professor to give me an extension on the paper. Hats off to Deborah!"
  • Me - The granola in me nominates all the people who went through the Broward Humane Society this weekend and adopted a pet abandoned during last hurricane season.

Interestingly enough we had no major infractions or serious cases of triflin' reported for the past week. So there will be no awards for Biggest Bum. A few bad drivers here and there, a few crotchety line-skipping seniors at the grocery, a few teenage girls dressed like they were on the stroll, a few knuckleheaded boys bumping waaaay too loud heavy bass and vile lyrics on their car stereos and seemingly every one of them pausing in front of my house to give me an earful. But nothing you don't get everyday in South Florida or many other major metro areas, for that matter. I was at the nexus of the nutball universe Sunday afternoon. But it was so funny to me that I thought we'd save it for a full post. I'll share it some time later Monday morning.

Maybe the lack of major bad behavior being reported this weekend means people are becoming more civil? Then again, maybe I'm too sleepy to think rationally.

Peace and hair grease.

JB

1 Comments:

  • Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home