Subscriber Services Weather

Burnett's Urban Etiquette

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Pluto, Goofy, and Dwarfs

My editor asked me Friday to put something together on what the astronomy world's demotion of Pluto might do to the astrology world. This resulting story ran on page of one of Saturday's Miami Herald. It's tongue in cheek, but I don't think it's disrespectful of those who subscribe to fortune telling. So read on and hopefully get a laugh.

BTW, I'm loathe to say this, but I must in the interest of ego. Read the link and you'll understand that the "phew" in paragraph two was not personal. It was for humorous dramatic effect only.

5 Comments:

  • Pluto is getting seriously player-hated on. It's the runt of the litter, the fat kid not chosen for dodgeball, the high school nerd who becomes Bill Gates. I'm rooting for Pluto.

    By Blogger Drew, at 1:45 AM  

  • Astrology is crap. But ahem, I digress.

    That was a nicely written article, James. I don't recall ever having read the word "props" in a newspaper article, but perhaps it's more accessible where you live than here up north in Canada.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:23 AM  

  • Phew. That's a load off my mind.

    Me, I have a meteor in my pants but no one cares.

    By Blogger Crashtest Comic, at 6:13 AM  

  • Oh no! I am a Scorpio! Who knew Pluto was supposed to be my special planet! :-)

    By Blogger Maria de los Angeles, at 2:42 AM  

  • So. Condoleezza Rice, Laura Bush, and Hillary Clinton are all astrologically affected by Pluto, huh? Wow. Two Presidents' wives and a future President. Imagine that.

    By Blogger The Sarcasticynic, at 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home