Subscriber Services Weather

Burnett's Urban Etiquette

Monday, November 06, 2006

Hold the fort

Sorry for my lack of posting today, friends. I've been on the street all day trying to earn my pay, reporting a few stories.

I just got home and am about to pop a couple of (legal) pills for an inflamed gum surrounding a wisdom tooth I wish I'd gotten pulled years ago.

When the pain killer kicks in and I can quit grumbling bad words under my breath I'll post again. Hopefully this evening, but if not, definitely by morning.

8 Comments:

  • I feel for you, buddy. There are few things that hurt the common man like tooth pain. Remember how Tom Hanks dealt with that in "Cast Away?"

    By Blogger The Sarcasticynic, at 7:38 PM  

  • Ooh, I'm sorry to hear about the mouth ickiness. I hope it feels better very soon.

    the sarcasticynic - Wilson!

    By Blogger Melissa, at 12:05 AM  

  • I'm still rinsing food particles out of a hole left by a recent wisdom tooth pull. Looks like another three weeks before I can get that out of my system.

    Vicodin is your friend. You still have pain, but you don't care.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:40 AM  

  • Poor you. Hope things calm down soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:42 AM  

  • Heal up, champ. It's no fun making snide remarks to a verbal cripple. That's like towel snapping a guy in a wheelchair.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:50 AM  

  • You have my symphathy. Tooth pain is the worst!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 PM  

  • you know what works on sore gums. lemon juice and salt.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:30 PM  

  • Ouch! I step away for a little while and all heck breaks loose with your tooth. Sorry to hear about the pain. Thank goodness technology has improved to the point that you'll hardly feel a thing if you decide to get that tooth pulled out.

    By Blogger The Dummy, at 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home