Subscriber Services Weather

Burnett's Urban Etiquette

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Something to be thankful for

So, like I said in my last post, I'm writing today, getting a holiday story done. But if you have a little time to burn, here's an article I did in Nov. 2001 that changed my perspective on Thanksgiving.

The story was a result of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, but was more about being grateful than it was about terrorism. Just to warn you, though, it is a looong read: Easing the Pain.

2 Comments:

  • Good story. My ex-girlfriend and I were flying back from Florida to DC the day that plane went down in New York. I remember it well.

    In DC as a reporter, I covered some of what happened here. I remember being totally oblivious, thinking about my own problems on the way to the National Press Building on 14th and Penn., when the fire trucks were rushing by to the White House on 9/ll.

    I was like, wow, people are really wigging out for some reason--whatever!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:46 PM  

  • That's a great story you wrote, and very timely for those of us who sometimes forget to be grateful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home