Subscriber Services Weather

Burnett's Urban Etiquette

Monday, January 22, 2007

Catchin' Up

Sorry, folks. But I'm tired as bat crap tonight. I didn't sleep at all last evening. I don't mean I slept poorly. I mean I didn't sleep, period.

Mrs. B had another go under the knife. And I'm just getting home from the hospital, where I'd been since about 7 this morning.

I'm happy to report that the work she had done wasn't for anything life-threatening, she's doing very well, she should be able to come home in another two or three days, and as far as we can tell she shouldn't need anymore surgeries.

But I didn't write that for sympathy. I just wanted you guys to know I'm not getting lazy with this blog. I'm just tired today.

So I'm taking my dog for a walk in just a moment, and then I'm going to sleep.

BTW, I appreciate all the positive thoughts but if you really want to help me out, comment - if you haven't already - on the previous post. And I'll resume business as usual tomorrow (Tuesday).

That's all for me. I'm outta here like last year.

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

  • I've already commented on your other post, so I'll wish soothing, healing, happy, loving, pain-free thoughts for Mrs. B.

    By Blogger Yvette, at 9:15 PM  

  • James, to have time to do a blog with all your regular duties is already amazing. Please don't feel the need to apologize to your readers for letting a bunch of hours pass between postings. We'll wait!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 PM  

  • Just remember -- flowers and ice cream.

    Everything always feels better with flowers and ice cream.

    By Blogger SWF42, at 9:56 PM  

  • James,

    My first instinct is to inquire as to whether your wife was receiving breast implants. Sorry, that is my nature.

    My second instinct is to express empathy for you.

    By Blogger M@, at 9:57 PM  

  • I hope everything continues to go smoothly. If you are going through half of the anxiety that my wife did when I had open heart surgery two summers ago then I'll be thinking about ya!! I'm glad it wasn't life threatening.

    By Blogger Michael C, at 10:32 PM  

  • You are in our prayers as always.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:09 AM  

  • Thanks all, and no Matt, it wasn't a cosmetic procedure.

    By Blogger James Burnett, at 10:27 AM  

  • Hey James, we totally understand. Hope you and the Mrs get the rest you deserve.

    By Blogger The Dummy, at 11:57 AM  

  • Hi, hope you're getting good rest, and that Mrs. B is recuperating quickly and easily. Take care - both of you!

    By Blogger T, at 12:13 PM  

  • James - Hang in there! And wish Mrs. B the best.

    Sorry I missed your post - so I thought I'd comment here. I wrote about politics one time on my blog, including the definitions from wikipedia of the two terms here. Just based on those definitions alone, I would be considered a liberal.

    I embrace change and do my best to cast off the paradigms that restrict openmindedness, and believe in looking for continued progress.

    Age: 38 (gulp!)

    I live in Arkansas, but was raised by Californians...in Texas.

    By Blogger Tiggerlane, at 2:02 PM  

  • I hope Mrs B gets well soon!!!

    By Blogger Maria de los Angeles, at 2:49 PM  

  • Just remember that you aren't of much use to Mrs. B when you are dog-tired.

    Here's to a speedy recovery!

    By Blogger mkhall, at 8:25 AM  

  • Sending prayers and good vibes out into the world to Mrs. B!

    I second the vote for ice cream, flowers and toss in a great greeting card and she'll be one happy "recouperating" camper.

    By Blogger Dayngr, at 12:07 PM  

  • You better post soon.

    (I never know what to say in situations like this)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 AM  

  • On behalf of Matt at "Animal Mind," I'd like to offer my best wishes for you and your wife.

    --Connie.

    By Blogger M@, at 1:37 PM  

  • i'm gonna have to second winter. i have no idea what i should say about this but maybe get some sleep. ;)

    hope your okay. i hit 400 today. its thursday by the way. i feel old.

    By Blogger Knitty Yas, at 5:16 PM  

  • Hope the missus is feeling better soon!

    By Blogger Balou, at 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home