Subscriber Services Weather

Burnett's Urban Etiquette

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Save the Flav

So I finally got a chance to catch up on my Flavor of Love this evening, 'cause VH-1 aired a marathon of every episode to date this season.

And I walked away from the marathon with three feelings. No, make that four:
  1. First, I felt a combination of guilt, sadness, horror, and curiosity, sort of the way you feel when you're driving past a bad car wreck or when you see a homeless person dancing and talking to himself on the side of the road.
  2. Second, I felt regret for spending so much time watching this show, time that I'll wish I had back when I'm on my deathbed one day.
  3. Third, I wondered if there are enough strippers, ex-strippers, and Internet "models" left out there to cast a third season of the show, 'cause no doubt whoever Flav picks this time around will do him just like Hoops, the winner of season one: "date" him for a few seconds and then dump him.
  4. Finally, I wondered what in the world possessed Flav to keep Somethin' in the house for several episodes after she bent a biscuit on his living room floor. Maybe it's just me, but once you defecate in my house and a toilet bowl is not involved in the process you've pretty much eliminated any possibility of future romance.

3 Comments:

  • You gotta admit, there is never a lack of comedy on that show. I loved episode one where that one chick beat the crap out of that other chick!

    Just plain classy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:54 AM  

  • I agree with your assessment. This season, and I've only seen a couple of episodes, are icky-feeling making. I considered the first season my guilty pleasure and thought it had its moments.

    Plus, they are coming up with some distressing looking babes, if you want to call them that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:32 PM  

  • "bent a biscuit..."

    LMAO! Now I just have to find a way to work that into casual conversation!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home