Subscriber Services Weather

Burnett's Urban Etiquette

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A drought

I got nothing, folks.

But that's not a bad thing. Again, channeling Ice Cube, I have to say that Today was a Good Day.

Don't believe me? Consider that:
  • No crazy-a$$ed neighbors blasting music I'd never play on my own stereo, even at a reasonable volume.
  • No lazy-a$$ed neighbors letting their dogs bend biscuits on the swale in front of my house and not picking it up.
  • No rude people elbowing or shoving or seat-stealing in the Einstein Bros. Bagel shop where Mrs. B and I stopped for breakfast this morning. In fact, several of the patrons were smiley and friendly.
  • No questions from my bosses on anything I've written. My Thanksgiving story is still scheduled to run on the front page Thursday morning. Shameless self-promotion? Yes, but I'll link to it anyway tomorrow.
  • No bad drivers. Scratch that. Only one bad driver interrupting my flow - a woman who cut me off on a 45 m.p.h. road and then promptly slowed to 30 m.p.h. for the next mile or so, while traffic in other lanes moved steadily. So I wasn't able to get around her.
  • Nothing broke in or on the house or car.
  • My fish seemed to be healthy and happy in their little hole in the ground. My dog was chill and got a longer walk out of us than usual. My cat didn't try to dig holes in the furniture.
  • Mrs. B and I didn't disagree on anything - except which direction to walk the dog.
  • No wealthy hillbillies filed for divorce. No undeserving jerks hit the lotto jackpot. No rappers got shot for mean-mugging a rival.
  • No politicians got caught for: hitting on children, stealing money, or being otherwise shady, and blamed it on alcohol abuse or being beaten during their own childhood.
  • No one related to me died or fell seriously ill.
  • Generally, no bad news.

So I'm thankful, my friends. Today was a Good Day.

9 Comments:

  • Huzzah!! Happy Thanksgiving.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:35 PM  

  • May your crazy, lazy-a$$ed, seat-stealing, writing-questioning, bad driving, house-breaking, pet-pestering, spouse-disagreeing, hillbilly-divorcing, jackpot-winning, rapper-shooting, children-hitting, money-stealing, alcohol abuse-blaming, ill-falling days be limited over the holidays, James!

    By Blogger The Sarcasticynic, at 7:15 PM  

  • Yee haw!

    Although personally, I am somewhat entertained when wealthy hillbillies file for divorce.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:39 PM  

  • We all of us have lots of reasons to be thankful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:08 PM  

  • That's great to have your story run on the front page. That sounds like a good day to me!

    By Blogger The Dummy, at 12:56 AM  

  • Happy Thanksgiving, James

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:38 AM  

  • Happy Thanksgiving, James!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:43 AM  

  • Congrats and Happy Thanksgiving. After reading your post it is quite clear we do not live in the same neighborhood... LOL.. Which is fantastic for you. *wink

    By Blogger Dayngr, at 12:57 PM  

  • Happy T-day James!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home