But that's not a bad thing. Again, channeling Ice Cube, I have to say that Today was a Good Day.
Don't believe me? Consider that:
- No crazy-a$$ed neighbors blasting music I'd never play on my own stereo, even at a reasonable volume.
- No lazy-a$$ed neighbors letting their dogs bend biscuits on the swale in front of my house and not picking it up.
- No rude people elbowing or shoving or seat-stealing in the Einstein Bros. Bagel shop where Mrs. B and I stopped for breakfast this morning. In fact, several of the patrons were smiley and friendly.
- No questions from my bosses on anything I've written. My Thanksgiving story is still scheduled to run on the front page Thursday morning. Shameless self-promotion? Yes, but I'll link to it anyway tomorrow.
- No bad drivers. Scratch that. Only one bad driver interrupting my flow - a woman who cut me off on a 45 m.p.h. road and then promptly slowed to 30 m.p.h. for the next mile or so, while traffic in other lanes moved steadily. So I wasn't able to get around her.
- Nothing broke in or on the house or car.
- My fish seemed to be healthy and happy in their little hole in the ground. My dog was chill and got a longer walk out of us than usual. My cat didn't try to dig holes in the furniture.
- Mrs. B and I didn't disagree on anything - except which direction to walk the dog.
- No wealthy hillbillies filed for divorce. No undeserving jerks hit the lotto jackpot. No rappers got shot for mean-mugging a rival.
- No politicians got caught for: hitting on children, stealing money, or being otherwise shady, and blamed it on alcohol abuse or being beaten during their own childhood.
- No one related to me died or fell seriously ill.
- Generally, no bad news.
So I'm thankful, my friends. Today was a Good Day.