Subscriber Services Weather

Burnett's Urban Etiquette

Friday, June 02, 2006

Karma is...not a very nice person

Just finished watching Dateline Friday - actually, there's two minutes left, but I can't stomach anymore - aout Mary K. Letourneau and her man-boy-husband Villi Fulaau.

And I have one question for 'em both. What are they gonna say when one of their daughters comes home at age 13 with a 40-year-old man in tow?

If they're telling the truth about their own relationship right now, then they'll say "Welcome to our family!"

4 Comments:

  • Holy crap, I just watched the same thing. (let's not acknowledge that we're home watching TV on Friday night) and was thinking those thoughts exactly. Wow, they're cute in a weird way, but their extremely high creepy-factor outweighs any of the positives.

    By Blogger Melissa, at 12:58 AM  

  • I hear ya, Melissa. In my old age, that's what I've reduced myself to on Friday nights. I was trying to see the cuteness in them, but the creepiness of the situation kept outweighing it all. Thanks for stopping by. Come back. I try to post daily.

    By Blogger James Burnett, at 10:19 AM  

  • eclecticgrl, I'd never put you in the same category as Mary K. and Villi. You hit the nail on the head: You and your husband were both adults when you hooked up. If you're grown, knock yourself out. Hook up with any other grown person you want.

    By Blogger James Burnett, at 11:06 PM  

  • You know, it's funny, if my son came home with an older woman I'd probably laugh and tell people he got his 'pimpin skills from me. If my daughter came home with a man who was 18 years older I would load my gun.

    By Blogger B.D., at 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home