Subscriber Services Weather

Burnett's Urban Etiquette

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Just a tease

Just got home from reviewing the John Legend concert. I don't wanna say too much about the performances (Robin Thicke opened for Legend) before my review runs. It'll be in Thursday's paper 'cause the show started too late for me to file for Wednesday.

I will say though that some members of the crowd epitomized what's wrong with feelings of entitlement. And I noticed an interesting - fascinating, even - difference in performing style between Legend and Thicke, and it spoke loudly to one man's maturity and self-confidence and the other man's lack thereof.

That's all I'll say for now. More tomorrow when I've had some sleep and am thinking clearly.

Peace and hair grease.

5 Comments:

  • "... some members of the crowd epitomized what's wrong with feelings of entitlement."

    What'd they do? Heckle the stage?

    By Blogger The Sarcasticynic, at 6:50 AM  

  • Very funny, Sarc. But there's a reason I called this post "just a tease."

    I'm not saying more until I have my review written...later today.

    By Blogger James Burnett, at 9:02 AM  

  • Hey, at least the show didn't open with Alan Thicke.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:41 AM  

  • robin thicke... any relation to alan thicke? lol sorry couldn't help it. please feel free to ban me from your blog for lack of intelligence at any time.

    ps john legend? i hope you drank heavily.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:50 AM  

  • I miss already watching and listening John Legend songs it is not being air to radios and tv
    legends in concert

    By Blogger Giovanni Carlo, at 5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home